Mobile marketing in the United States is on track to generate $400 billion in sales by 2015, up from $139 billion in 2012.
Via 25 Mobile Marketing Stats for 2014 that Matter | Marketing Technology Blog http://www.marketingtechblog.com/2014-mobile-stats/#ixzz32GE8F3ne
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @mktgtechblog on Twitter | marketingtechnology on Facebook
This is the 4th version of the world’s most watched social media video series “Social Media Revolution. Written by international keynote speaker and best selling author Erik Qualman (Socialnomics, Digital Leader, Alex Azure & Forbidden Door).
Social Media Statistics 2013 from Video
- Over 1 billion users on Facebook
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
- Each day 20% of Google searches have never been searched before
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
- Ford Explorer launch on Facebook more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
- 69 percent of parents said they are currently “friends” with their children on a social media site
- 92% of children in the US have a digital footprint/shadow
- Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn
- More members join LinkedIn per day than the entire enrollment of all the IVY League Schools
- Social Gamers to buy 6 billion in virtual goods by 2013; movie goers only buy 2.5 million in concessions
- Every minute 72 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube
- If Wikipedia were made into a book it would be 2.25 million pages long
- 97% of Pinterest Facebook Fans are Women
- 53% of people on Twitter recommend products in their Tweets
- 90% of people trust online recommendations from people they know
- Only 14% trust traditional TV advertisements
- New Yorkers received tweets about an east coast earthquake 30 seconds before they felt it
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, United Kingdom, Egypt
- “We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it.” – Erik Qualman
- “We will non longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media.” – Erik Qualman
- “Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.” – Erik Qualman
- “The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years.” – Erik Qualman
Via Erik Qualman – Thank You!
When it comes to smartphone use, a new survey reveals that parents and children use their smartphones in very similar ways.
Brought to you by: OnlinePsychologyDegree.net
Topics covered include global usage trends, mobile search, mobile email, and the growth of mobile commerce.
See the other 9 infographics here courtesy of Econsultancy – Thanks!